Who are we?
Solabia provides its customers with a wide range of ingredients and active ingredients to improve the health or beauty of consumers. The Solabia Group’s activity does not stop there, as it also produces a range of culture media and diagnostic kits for microbiological control.
In three decades, Solabia has become an international group, the result of perfectly controlled external and internal growth. Through the recent acquisition of Laborclin, Bioactor and AppleChem.
BioActor is a Dutch life-science company that develops healthy and innovative ingredients for the food supplement industry, and recently became part of the Solabia Group (HQ in Paris). We are currently looking for an Account Manager for the DACH region, with strong motivation to grow BioActor’s current and new business in the region. This position will focus primarily on new customer acquisition, whilst managing and retaining a few existing customers. Customers are typically supplement, sports nutrition and health food brands.
For our establishment in the Netherlands, we are looking for an Account Manager – Nutritional ingredients.
What will be your mission?
You will be in charge of :
- Generating sales and margins by targeting and opening new business for our range of healthy ageing and active living ingredients,
- Supporting current and new customers with marketing and technical advice,
- Generating & contacting leads using different channels (phone, email, visits and tradeshows),
- Tracking market trends in the region; gather intelligence concerning customers and identify and report on competitive activity,
- An important task is to meet potential and existing customers on a regular basis (objective is to have 50% facetime with customers),
- Maintaining the CRM (e.g. visit reports),
- Being the key person for following-up distributors in your area.
About the role
The applicant will be part of the Sales & Marketing team, reporting to the European Sales Director. The role will be to drive the commercial development in underexplored areas in BioActor’s DACH business. He/she will be accountable for the sales activity, lead generation and project management. The Nutrition Sales & Marketing team is managed from our office in Maastricht, but the position can be home-based with regular attendance of meetings in Maastricht.
The market opportunities are significant and BioActor has aggressive sales targets to meet over the next 2-3 years. Therefore, it is important we find the right individual who has the skill set, motivation, and drive to build BioActor’s success in the healthy ageing and active living ingredients market.
What profile are we looking for?
- BSc or MSc in Nutrition, Food Technology or Life Sciences is a MUST,
- 3-5 years of relevant commercial experience,
- Ability to present and sell science-based products,
- Excellent understanding of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and CRM systems,
- Native German speaker and Excellent communication/ skills and fluency in English (spoken and written),
- Team player, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Maastricht, Netherlands
- Become part of a dynamic “start-up-like” life science company that is rapidly growing in the Healthy Ageing & Active Living ingredient (nutraceutical) industry,
- Join a small but international team where your ideas will be heard,
- We encourage initiative, transparency and invest in on-the-job training and personal growth.
Why joining us ?
- Resulting from perfectly controlled external and internal growth, Solabia has become an international group.
- Committed to sustainable development, the company’s social responsibility remains among its priorities.
If you are interested, please send us your CV by email to the following address: email@example.com