Astaxanthin is one of nature’s most powerful inherited antioxidants, known to provide a wide variety of health benefits:
1. Strong antioxidant activity: Astaxanthin’s unique structure helps protect cells from internal and external oxidative stress. Unlike other antioxidants, astaxanthin does not have pro-oxidant activity.
2. Anti-inflammatory activity: astaxanthin reduces the production of inflammatory pro-oxidant molecules. A preclinical study found that AstaPure® reduced smoke-induced inflammatory cell infiltration in the lungs.
3. Immune support: Immune cells produce ROS as part of the anti-pathogen response and are therefore particularly susceptible to damage from oxidative stress. Thanks to its chemical structure, astaxanthin can help protect immune cells from oxidative stress damage by penetrating through the cell membrane.
Astaxanthin’s antioxidant activity can neutralize the harmful effects of ROS and other free radicals, preventing them from causing damage to cells and tissues. Moreover, astaxanthin also helps to enhance the proliferation of immune cells and enhance their function.
- For use in capsules and oil-based products such as topical creams and emulsions
- Suitable for tablets and capsules
- Suitable for ready-to-mix, sachet and beverages
- Bulk capsule supplies
- Suitable hard-shell capsules
- Consistent quality
- Sustainable production
- Contaminant free
- Solvent free
- High purity